Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Recipe Time


As many of you know, I really enjoy cooking. I think it is my creative outlet. Anyway, one of our favorite places to eat in FW is Uncle Julio's. They have fabulous fajitas! The taste is just so different. With a little help from the internet, I think I cracked their secret.
Here is the fabulous marinate for your sliced skirt or flank steak:
1 bottle of beer (a good mexican beer like Dos Equis, I think it would be wrong to use Coors light)
1 small cup of pineapples
splash of soy sauce
few shakes of garlic powder
Sorry that I'm not more precise on my measurements, that's just how I roll in my kitchen. Let your pre-sliced steak marinate for 4-24 hours. Then you are ready to proceed as usual. Cook meat in sizzeling hot skillet until almost done. Remove from pan, then cook your onions and peppers in all that yummy stuff from the meat. I added a little salt, pepper, garlic, & cilantro. Cook veggies until almost tender then return meat to skillet until everything is good to go.
Enjoy!

No comments: