Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter and the week at Nana & PopPop's House

We arrived in Walnut Ridge on Saturday evening. On Sunday morning, we were getting around and I had totally forgotten about Hadley's Easter basket. Okay, I'm not real big on the whole idea of the Easter Bunny, but I get stuff to give her on Easter morning. Since we are not at home, it seems that the actual holiday gets a little fuzzy in my mind. I've been known to forget Easter baskets and Christmas stockings. Anyway, I did give Hadley her basket before she started getting ready for church.



Hadley with her Easter Basket

Showing off some of her goodies.

Check out the necklaces and bracelets

The family

Nana & Hadley

Hadley and Daddy

Hadley & Mommy

After church, all of the family came over to Mom & Dad's for a traditional Easter lunch. Ham, Rhonda's pineapple salad, potatoes, deviled eggs, green beans, and Mom's dessert. Little Winnie was so excited about her strawberry frozen cake which she found the recipe in one of her many magazines. Mom was so proud of her masterpiece. None of us were hungry enough to eat right away. When we were able to eat, we had a little surprise waiting for us. Mom's dessert was still frozen SOLID. So we let it set out for a little longer. Then we noticed that the top and middle layers were melting, but there was a layer of fresh strawberries that were frozen like a brick. Winnie wasn't giving up, she got out her biggest butcher knife and went to town chopping her dessert. It was a real site to see. It actually tasted pretty good!

Nana going to town on her cake.

Another reason we came home for Easter was to celebrate my Grannie & Grandaddy's 65th wedding anniversary. With the help of Rhonda & Mom, I made them a neat memory book full of pictures throughout their 65 years (thank you Kodak gallery). Here is a picture of them about the time they were married.

William Russell Ellis & Tula Caroline (Stone) Ellis


Pop Pop's Nail Salon


Hadley's first manicure, and yes, it was given by PopPop!

Hadley getting her fingers painted and Taylor waiting for her toes to be painted.

I've got to be honest, I don't remember Dad painting our nails when we were little!

Brent and Hadley roasting marshmellows at Pop Pop's Hillfarm.

Hadley with Nana & Pop Pop

Hadley in Pop Pop's Square Post Buildings hat

Riding on the Ranger

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These were some fun times, but forget about that crazy dessert next time I will just make a plain old strawberry pie forget that fancy stuff. Nana