Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas in China


For the last few months, we have been sponsoring a little boy in China, Jacob-Jai. A friend of ours is living in China and told us about this wonderful Christian orphanage that needs sponsors. So we went to the website and signed up. Hadley helped us choose which child we would sponsor. You see so many sweet faces and wonder how could anyone abandon them, how do I choose, etc. But for us, it was pretty easy. Jacob and Hadley's birthdays are 2 days apart. You are able to send gifts twice a year. Hadley really enjoyed going shopping for Jacob's Christmas presents. We sent shirts, jeans, jacket, socks, shoes, sweats, cars, play dough, dinosaurs, fire truck, toothpaste, lotion, etc. to China. Once a package enters China, you can no longer trace to see if it is received. I was delighted when the orphanage emailed me pictures of Jacob with our goodies. Hadley colored him a picture and we attached a photo of Hadley for Jacob. You can see him holding it in one of the pictures. We are praying that Jacob is adopted by a loving family soon. Unlike many orphans, his medical condition has been corrected. He was born with club-feet. If you are interested in sponsoring a child, check out their website. http://www.chinaorphans.org/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is so sweet, and I'm proud of you all for sponsoring him, you all will be blessed I'm sure. Mom (Nana)