Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back to School

Getting Ready for her first day at school.
Cheese! Opps, her eyes were closed.Please just stand still so Mommy can get one more picture.

Hadley with her new lunch box.

This has been an exciting week and it is only Tuesday. Everyone (well, excluding me) started back to school this week. Soon after we moved to FW, I started looking at preschools. Mind you, it was August and early registration had started in February. Needless to say, we were number 15, 20, and 25 on the waiting list of various preschools in the area. After living here a few months we realized that we were really only interested in one of the preschools. As of December, we were still # 15 on their waiting list. I had told myself that she would just stay home this year and next fall would be great. I was getting excited about next fall. Then on Thursday, I got the call. They had an opening, were we interested. I hung up and called my mom. What! Hadley could start school next week?! I was excited and yet scared to death. I know that she needed the interaction with other kids. I know that she gets tired of just looking at me all day, everyday! So this would be good for her. She talks about school all the time so I knew she would be excited. But my baby! She is only going to be little for a little while and I can't get this time back. My Mom gently reminded me that I have to start letting her go. I do want her to be an independant well adjusted child. I'm certain that Mom enjoyed this. Her baby has up and moved to Texas; so surely I can deal with this. Small steps. Thanks Mom! I guess no matter how old we are, we still need our mothers.
On Friday, Brent & I took Hadley to tour her new school. Everyone was so nice. She met her teacher and some of the other students. She even got to play outside with them. She was a little sad that she didn't get to stay. On Saturday I took her to pick out a lunch box. She was pumped about school.
After much anticipation, Tuesday morning finally arrived. I skipped working out this morning so that everything would run smoothly. I fixed her favorite breakfast, blueberry muffins. We all sat around the table and enjoyed a nice breakfast together. We got dressed, lunch packed, and off we went. Daddy prayed over Hadley before we left. It was going to be a great day.

We were one of the first to arrive. When they said that it starts at 9:00am, they really mean that the doors open at 9:00. Apparently 8:50 was too early. First lesson learned: no need to hurry. When I did leave her, she was great. She gave me a kiss, told me bye, and then started playing. I returned promptly at noon to pick her up. When I arrived at her classroom, she saw me and hurried over yelling, "I had fun at school today, Mom!" Awwh, just what I wanted hear. She is now taking a long nap. School really tired her out!












No comments: