Saturday, June 6, 2009

Greetings from Alabama

Okay, I know it has been a while since I posted. Things have been a little busy. Rhonda and I spent a great weekend in New York City from May 14- 17. On May 19, the moving truck arrived. From May 20-27, we were homeless as we drifted between Searcy and WR. Our belongings took a tour of the southeast coast before arriving in Auburn. On Wednesday, May 27, Jan, Hadley, & I got up and headed to Auburn. Brent and Dewey had gone down the day before to take care of the utility stuff. Anyway, we left at 4:00am headed to our new house. We left early to avoid the traffic in Memphis. While in Memphis, we had a flat tire. We were driving in the rough area of town when it happened, of course. Luckily, Jan has an AAA membership so we called to get some help. So we waited on a luckily busy and visible corner on Getwell Ave. Yeah, Getwell is a little rough. After about an hour, God sent us an angel with gold teeth. He fixed the tire and took care of the crackhead that was hanging a little too close for my comfort. Then we headed to Wal-Mart in Southaven to purchase a new tire; the hole was too large to patch. So after an over 2 hour layover in Memphis, we were back on the road. All in all, it took us 10 and 1/2 hours to make it to our new house. Brent & Dewey had made it in 7 1/2! Did I mention that Hadley slept for 30 minutes the entire trip? Did I mention that she either sang, read books, or talked to herself for the remaining 10 hours straight? Did I mention that the night before I had only slept 2 hours? As you can imagine, I was a little on edge by the time we reached Auburn. Here are some pictures of our new house.



Entry



Laundry Room


Master Bath

Master Bedroom

Hadley's Bathroom


Hadley's Room


Breakfast area (you can see the woods in the backyard)


Dining Room


Kitchen



More Kitchen

Living Room


For some reason, I forgot to get an outside shot of the house. I'll have to do that later. Hope to have visitors soon. We do have a guest room, but it is a disaster right now. I'm about to start cleaning and clearing it out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, get it ready because if you were not coming her in 2 weeks I would be coming there, and will be there either in July or Aug. The rooms look good, but big change in the amount of kit. cabinets, but I guess you got all your dishes into this kit.? Love, Nana

kate said...

I am so glad you posted! i keep checking everyday! What a day. I can't believe your trip was like that. I am so sorry! Your house is beautiful! What a great rental home! Hope things are going well and that you guys are getting adjusted and liking it. Travis said that from what Brent said you are enjoying it so far. I will be praying for good friends to come soon- and a good church that you will love. Take care!

Misty said...

I've also been checking pretty regularly for a new post. Good to see all the pics. I love the new house! It looks like home already. I don't know how you do that, but I guess you've had a little practice. Miss you!!!