
The Rana's arrived on Wednesday afternoon. On Thursday morning, Ryan and Brent took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese while Anne & I visited the Kimbell Art Museum. When we first moved here, I saw that Kimbell had a great impressionists art collect on loan from the Art Institute of Chicago. I had told Brent that this was a must-see for me. Let me tell you, it was beautiful (and it beat the heck out of a rat in a pizza joint).
It featured paintings by Manet, Degas, Monet, Renoir, Cézanne, Gauguin, Van Gogh, and Toulouse-Lautrec. I'm not a huge art fan, but this was all stuff that I was familiar with from my art appreciation class in college. I'm really glad that I had the chance to see it.
1 comment:
YEAH!! You did it - welcome to the Blog World!! I'm so glad you are doing this. I don't scrapbook either, in fact, I hate doing that. So I was so surprised how much I've enjoyed blogging and have kept up with it. It really is great for your friends and family in other cities and states. I'm glad that the Rana's got to come for a visit and hope ya'll had a great time. I love Hadley's little bangs she has now! She looks so much older! Not much going on around here...the Toths are having a boy. We just got back from Florida on vacation and it was wonderful. When are you guys coming up? Miss ya'll!
Post a Comment