I'll begin by saying, sometimes it is tough being 2. What I really mean is that it can be tough on me when she is 2. When I hear people say, "Oh, I just love this age", I just smile and think to myself, I hope that is the way I remember this stage, too. When I have those feelings of being overwhelmed by her independent streak or her bossy britches, I'm trying to focus on the positive. So here are a few recent examples of how sweet being 2 can be.
The other day I was driving to the grocery store. I asked my co-pilot, Hadley, what we should make Daddy for dinner. She quickly replied, "Coffee". Yes, I said, Daddy likes coffee. What else would Daddy like. She thought a minute and said, "melon water" (watermelon). Then I suggested, "would Daddy want something like, steak, chicken, . . ." After saying no to all of my suggestions, Hadley thought just a bit and then added "crackers". Then she was very pleased about her menu of coffee, watermelon, and crackers.
Hadley really has a sweet spirit. She enjoys talking and singing about Jesus, praying, and the Bible. This thrills my heart. She has recently started asking to be sung to before she goes to bed or nap. The other night, I was rocking her before bedtime and she asked me to sing Twinkle little star. After I finished, she sat up, looked at me and said, "Jesus love me". I took this as another song request. So I started to sing, but she stopped me. She didn't want me to sing, she was just telling me that Jesus loved her. This just made me so proud of my little girl. So then I proceeded to tell how yes, Jesus does love Hadley and how He lives in our hearts and He is with us all the time. Then she asks," like a sticker, Mommy?" Two can just be so sweet.
The other day I was driving to the grocery store. I asked my co-pilot, Hadley, what we should make Daddy for dinner. She quickly replied, "Coffee". Yes, I said, Daddy likes coffee. What else would Daddy like. She thought a minute and said, "melon water" (watermelon). Then I suggested, "would Daddy want something like, steak, chicken, . . ." After saying no to all of my suggestions, Hadley thought just a bit and then added "crackers". Then she was very pleased about her menu of coffee, watermelon, and crackers.
Hadley really has a sweet spirit. She enjoys talking and singing about Jesus, praying, and the Bible. This thrills my heart. She has recently started asking to be sung to before she goes to bed or nap. The other night, I was rocking her before bedtime and she asked me to sing Twinkle little star. After I finished, she sat up, looked at me and said, "Jesus love me". I took this as another song request. So I started to sing, but she stopped me. She didn't want me to sing, she was just telling me that Jesus loved her. This just made me so proud of my little girl. So then I proceeded to tell how yes, Jesus does love Hadley and how He lives in our hearts and He is with us all the time. Then she asks," like a sticker, Mommy?" Two can just be so sweet.
1 comment:
oh, yes, she is so sweet and you and Brent are such sweet parents, too. Love to you all, Nana
Post a Comment